2.01.2010

Not A Love Poem

This is not a love poem. This is a poem written for a beautiful young girl who will be swept off her feet. This is not a poem to make a young man fall in love with me. This is not a poem about Alan Guzman, Zach Lovell or Ben Mulch. This is not a poem about Orlando Bloom. This is not a poem about Taylor Lautner. This is not a poem about Jude Law. This is not a poem about Emile Hirsch, Ryan Renyolds or George Clooney. This is not a poem about how much his smile makes me melt. This is not a poem about how I get weak in the knees at the sight of his eyes. This is not a poem about me in a white dress. This is not a poem about stolen glances or quick kisses. This is not a poem about that one time when we baked cookies. This is not a poem about the first time we held hands or our lips touched and my heart almost stopped. This is not a poem about me playing our song over and over before I go to bed. This is not a poem about holding me close before drifting off to sleep. This is not a poem about our first fight. This is not a poem about missed connections. This is not a poem about how you broke my heart or crushed my dreams. This is not a poem asking “What if…” This is not a poem telling everyone how fantastic So-And-So was or what Whats-His-Face said. This is not a poem preaching to the choir about how to find love. This is not a poem saying how much I love you or him or that guy over there. This is not a poem about you.

1 comment:

  1. oh bailey :) i adore you! you and i are so much alike and i love you :)
    i love how you put certain people's names in in...not that i know them or anything. well anyway..ill see you later!!

    cal

    ReplyDelete