4.23.2010

You Must’ve Fallen From The Sky

I miss the feeling of his hand in mine. Our fingers intertwined in this mess of flesh as we sit side by side in my car. It lets me know that he’s there with me for that

                       brief

                                   moment

                                                       in time.

The heat radiating off of them is comforting and when I take my hand back to turn the wheel, it immediately longs to be held again. But not by just anyone, but

                                  by

                                          him.

He would call my nasty, calloused, Starbucks hands soft and inviting and I would think he was absolutely crazy but would blush and smile all the same. I still do it. The blushing, I mean. Any little phrase will set me off and cause my entire face to turn the color of a ripen red pepper. I’d never tell him this, but I love

                                        when

                                                    he

                                                            makes

                                                                           me

                                                                                    blush.

                                                                                              

My hand is still waiting for him to come back, so it can be held again. Nothing will suffice. Not the cell phone I tend to lose. Not the pen I will make my money off of. Not even the coffee cup that never seems to want to let go. Nothing

                                                                   compares to

                                                                                             his touch.

                     Nothing.

 

When he comes home, I’ll be waiting. And I’ll finally be able to stop and take a breath and relax and let his touch

                                  linger

                                               on my

                                                             skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment