3.18.2011

Nineteen

It's kinda weird to think that tomorrow I'll be 19. Well, not really. To everyone else in the world it's just another day. For me however, it's the first day of the last year I'll be a teenager. At this moment 19 years ago, my brothers got a sister and my parents got a daughter. There are so many people who have done much more than I have at this tender young age. I actually hoped to have done more by this time. I still have yet to have a real adventure where I don't know what will happen next. I haven't even really traveled; there are so many places that I need to see.

But I love this city that I live in. Maybe I'll have an adventure here or in Seattle or Texas or Paris. Whenever I tell people the plans that I have...well...planned, I always say "It depends on a lot of things", because it really does. A passport would help a lot, but seeing as it's so expensive it might have to be put on hold.

I'm hoping that my last year as a teenager, I'll be able to figure out some stuff. Like what hair color do I want to stick with. I'd also like to figure out my finances and be able to manage them better so I'm not in too much debt when I graduate. I also want to have an adventure. A real one.

Well, I'm off to celebrate my birthday with an Iced Venti Soy Chai with a shot of espresso and some Community.

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty sure that when i was 19 i didn't feel like a teen anymore. it's weird to think that you think you're still a teen. despite i think you're definitely more teen than i ever was.

    ReplyDelete