8.28.2011

Zucchini Banana Flaxseed Muffins

Yesterday, I received a zucchini. A beautiful zucchini that my friend had grown in her garden. Like the lovely lady she is, she gave me said zucchini so I could bake with it. Isn't that wonderful? The only thing I knew what to do with it was make it into muffins. Shutterbean, recently posted a recipe for Zucchini Banana Flaxseed Muffins. They sounded so fantastic I just had to try them for myself. So, while wearing heels in my tiny kitchen, I made these muffins. They made about 12 big muffins and 16 mini muffins total; perfect for feeding ones favorite coffee shop.












Wait...You want to make them now too? Well, here's the recipe for ya!

Taken and adapted from Shutterbean.

Stuff You Need:

- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup lightly packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini or 1 large zucchini grated
- 1/3 cup mashed banana (I used 2 very brown bananas for this)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F Lightly coat muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Add zucchini and banana and stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla. Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, Let muffins cool completely in a pan on a wire rack, about 30 minutes. Store in an air- tight container, up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment