2.28.2012

Pesto Fettuccine with Tofu

Dear Future Husband,

By now, you probably know that I love spending time in the kitchen. It's a big past time for me. And I get it. You like cooking too. That's great. Love it. But sometimes, I'm gonna wanna do something really simple. Like not make an alfredo sauce from scratch or boiling a pot of water. So, dear, let me take some short cuts tonight. You won't be sorry, I promise.

Love,

Bailey

So yeah, I cheated in the kitchen today and made a semi-homemade meal. I wasn't planning on telling anyone, but it was so good, I had to share. I predict this will be made again in the future. It was so simple and easy, perfect for a Tuesday night. And the best part is, I only a few things were dirty in the end. Easy to make and easy to clean up. My favorite!


So, lets start off by cutting up some tofu and letting it sit on a bed of paper towels. Since tofu spends all it's time in water, you have to let it dry out a little bit so it cooks properly. 

I chopped up some garlic too. I really love garlic. 

I was doing biology homework while the tofu was drying out. See how studious I am?


Chopped up garlic and oil (I used vegetable, olive and sesame) go into the pan to simmer for about 5 minutes. This is going to give the oil some nice flavor that will be cooked into the tofu.

Add the tofu!

Yum. Cooking up nicely. 

This is where I cheated. Trader Joe's has this great frozen fettuccine. It only takes 7 minutes to make!

The tofu is done cooking and the pasta is on the way!

Look how yummy that is! 

You know what we're gonna do with it now?
Add some pesto!


The tofu and pesto really like each other. 

Pasta and salad for dinner. 

So simple and easy! You should try it.

Pesto Fettuccine with Tofu

1 Package of Trader Joe's Frozen Fettuccine Alfredo
1 Package of extra firm tofu
1 1/2 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil
A smidgen of sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 heaping spoonful of pesto

First, cut up the tofu into 1 inch cubes, letting them rest on a paper towel for about 20 minutes, pressing them lightly every now and again. 

Put the oil in a pan and mince the garlic. Add the garlic to the pan and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the tofu and let cook for about 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. 

Once the tofu is done cooking, you can start making the pasta. The directions are on the back of the package, and it only needs 2 tablespoons of water and some light stirring for 7 minutes before it is done.

Carefully add the tofu to the cooked pasta. Add the pesto as well and mix. 

Serve with salad, but it is also filling enough by itself. 

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment